The Alpe di Mera, a nearby mountain located in Alta Valsesia, in the province of Vercelli, is easily accessible in less than two hours by car from the large centers of Northern Italy: 140 km from Milan, 150 km from Turin and 220 km from Genoa .
During the winter, you can reach Alpe di Mera via two main accesses. The first is the panoramic Scopello-Mera two-seater chairlift, which in about 20 minutes takes both skiers and pedestrians eager to enjoy a day on the snow to the heights.
The second access is exclusive for skiers: park your car in the Trogo Alto and Trogo Basso car parks located at the end of the asphalt road that starts from Scopello up to Alpe Trogo. Once you have parked the car, with skis strictly on your feet, you will ski to the start of the Capricorno chairlift which will take you to Mera in about ten minutes.
Important: Alpe di Mera is not accessible by car. Everything in Mera can be reached "on skis" or via snow-covered pedestrian paths, offering a unique and peaceful experience for those seeking relaxation and natural winter beauty.
Paid parking on the Scopello-Trogo road
Rates and methods for the 2023-2024 winter season*
From 01.12.2023 to 30.04.2024 parking in the Trogo car park is subject to a fee every day from 8.00 to 17.00
*Any changes will be communicated on this page.
Occupation of the roadway is not permitted and we remind you that the traffic assistants will be responsible for checking the payment by the citizen. Payment is only required in case of parking, however free access is permitted for the transport of people and goods.
From 1 December 2023 to 30 April 2024
€2.00 per hour
If you wish to park for several days, the rate will be equal to the daily rate multiplied by the number of days of parking, with a maximum of 7 days.
Terms of payment:
- Select the desired option and make the payment at the Trogo automatic cash register. Display the coupon on the car dashboard. It will be possible to pay with money or credit card (NOT PagoBancomat circuit) and no change will be given.
- Monthly and seasonal passes can be purchased on the monterosa2000.skiperformance.com website (no payment at the parking meter). Once the purchase has been made, it will be necessary to display the receipt on the dashboard of the car as a temporary pass, and collect the definitive pass at the ticket office. Two license plates may be associated with the seasonal pass, but access will remain permitted to one car at a time. Monthly and seasonal passes do not entitle you to a reserved seat.
- Pay without additional costs even with the Telepass App.
- monthly: valid 30 days from the date of purchase
- seasonal: from 01.12.2023 to 30.04.2024
The administrative sanction referred to in the art. 157, paragraph 8 of the Highway Code, for failure to pay for access or for failure to display the payment coupon or season ticket card and also pursuant to art. 7, paragraph 14 and 15 of the Highway Code, for parking beyond the time indicated on the payment slip or the day indicated on the season ticket card.